Share screen - Write code simultaneously

• In Collaboration in Block-Based Programming, CSTA 2018 Workshop Proposal Akos Ledeczi (Vanderbilt University) and Tiffany Barnes (North Carolina State University) is referred that NetsBlox has Google Docs-like collaboration support for program development. This feature enables pair programming where students work at their own computers.
    Is it possible to create a new project and share it with my partner?
    I mean, is it possible to write code simultaneously in the same screen?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• administrators

Yeah, it is currently available. Collaborators can be added using the cloud dropdown (only available if you are logged in).
    (0_1521058366234_DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20180314151210.png

After the other user accepts the invitation, he/she should see the project under "Shared with me" in the open project dialog.

0_1521058439096_DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20180314151353.png

Opening this project should then allow both users to work on the same project! One gotcha is that the users will only see the same code if they are both occupying the same role. As a project can have multiple roles -- or Snap-like subprojects -- they have to make sure they are not occupying different clients as then nothing will be synchronized (and it shouldn't be).

From the "Room" tab, you should see two usernames listed under the currently occupied role as shown below:

0_1521058610717_DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20180314151644.png

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! (Sorry for the late response)

Brian